Friday, March 2, 2012

Petition against GIVENCHY

Rosie here.

Recently, a piece of disturbing news has gotten my attention.

GIVENCHY - the brand - has released a new clothing line, featuring rottweilers as man-eating savages.

They have models posing with the rotties



And clothes featuring the 'killer' breed
You can see more designs HERE




The clothes have been worn by celebs such as Rihanna and Kanye West.



This is NOT the way to portray the rottweiler, a breed that is already suffering from bad publicity.

If you are interested in helping this cause, please click here to sign the petition


Thank you.




It's Eva here.

It was a shock when sister Rosie brought this issue up to us and Mum said she will not get anything from Givenchy anymore (Not that she has anything from there anyways. Just saying.)

I am FEROCIOUS too! Aren't you scared?

You know we all love and adore rotties.

There are two important rotties in my life: my Angel Grandmama Laura who was so patient with me and Orah who was a playful puppy and stayed with us for a summer last year. They are all rottweilers and they are the gentlest creatures in the world.

I have so many rottie friends in the blogville and I like all of them. Yes, they are huge, they are big, they are tall, they are strong BUT they are so gentle and sweet. They are the gentle giants who are kind and royal and not to forget that they are as sweet and beautiful as us.

I love their signature brown and tan. Don't you think rotties are cute too?



27 comments:

Diana said...

That is horrible advertising. I cant believe it.

Sheltie Times said...

What inspired that insanity. I always think I've lost the power to be shocked by the stupidity of people like this and then I see something like this. Then they wonder where dog abuse comes from?

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Too bad companies don't realize how much damage they do to their name when they do things like this. We will sign.

We too have lots of wonderful rottie pals - another breed badly and wrongfully maligned.

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

animal lover, quilt lover said...

I love all rotties!!! Like you we have lots of great friends that are rotties!!! We don't ever like that kind of advertisement on anything!!!!!!! BAD!!!!!

corbinwooten said...

That is horrible.

I signed.

Yas said...

Terrible!!

Cheers,
Maxx

IRIS E DONA said...

I agree with you and I love rotties too.
Eva you look so cute in the picture eheheheh...
Kisses
Iris

Remington said...

That is AWFUL! Why in the world would anyone do something like that! BTW -- love your beautiful pic Eva....

Molly the Airedale said...

All of the Rotties I know are sweet fun-loving wonderful friends.
This is just uncalled for! grrrrrrrrrr

Love ya lots
Mitch

Vonnie said...

As usual it's the irresponsible owners and not the dogs who are animals! (if you know what I mean)

rottrover said...

Thank you, Rosie!! We'll follow up! Just when you think people are beginning to get it.. UUURRRGGGGG!!

-Bart and Ruby's Publicist

Chris and Ricky said...

That is just awful. How could people think up ads like that and misrepresent an entire breed of dogs? I can't imagine why anyone would ever buy from Givenchy ever again.

Sara said...

Horrible. I saw the t-shirt, but I didn't realize they used it in other parts of their advertising.

Disgraceful.

Can't afford givenchy, but I'll sign the petition!

Brando and Bogart said...

Just awful. They couldn't come up with something better?! Signed the petition.

Patrice and Higgins said...

That is just awful and terrible advertising!

~Higgins

KB said...

That's terrible. Rotties are so sweet and so cute. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

You *do* look very ferocious in your beautiful photo (not!).

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

I signed the petition and will share this post! Givenchy should be BEYOND ASHAMED!

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Every time I come to your blog I am so struck by your beatify!! You just keep getting more and more beautiful every time!!!!
Rosie and Eva that was meant for you guys!!!

The Thuglets said...

Cricky.....that is just so awful.

Well done Rosi for making u all aware .

Big nose pokes
The Thuglets

Bassetmomma said...

That is just awful! Do these companies not think before they act?
Ooooo Eva you had me shaking from that picture of you! BOL!

Ellen said...

This is a true outrage. How can they think this is okay? I haven't known many Rotties, but the ones I have met have all been just big huge giants of sweetness. I remember when our Sugar Plum was just a pup (a tiny shih tzu) and we would take her to my son's house. Their big Rottie would play with her in such a gentle way. Sugar loved playing with him. I never had to worry.

Ruth said...

I love rotties - how could anyone even consider that this type of branding was OK? I don't get it!

You do get an award, though. Have a look here: http://www.thegreendogs.com/2012/03/loss-gain.html

Ellen said...

That was just awful of Givenchy to do that! Why oh why would they think that is okay? So sad to portray any breed as being so vicious.

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

This just infuriates me!

Lina, James o Lucy said...

ROTTIES ARE THE BEST! :)

Kisses from a sweet rottie girl in Sweden

Sapphire said...

I cannot believe it. What a shame.

Leslie said...

Thanks for taking a stand. We signed.

 
Template by Deluxe Designs. Edited by Phang Photos