Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Tricky T-Day - stacking bowls and target

(Rosie did this post a day before she was back to school)

I had first watched Sara's video of Oreo and Chewy stacking their bowls.
Then Lian and Sonic joined in.

So of course, I really really wanted Eva to do it as well!

One slight problem we had was that she doesn't like to pick up anything once she sees her treat.

So the first thing I did was not to show her the treat. I had a clicker in hand, and once she picked the container up, I click and treat. Then I clicked immediately once she picked the container up in her mouth but it would only be for a second then she would drop it again. It took a few tries before she kept it in her mouth for longer.

To be honest, we didn't do this trick for long. We did it yesterday for around 5 minutes and today for around 5 minutes. So please don't expect it to be as perfect as Sara's and Lian's!!! But I hope the video will make you laugh :) I didn't edit it so you can see what a silly girl she is!

The other video is of her doing target. I taught it to her some time ago and we didn't really practice it, just sometimes when I have a treat, I will take the target (in the case, a coaster!) out. But she was really good today. Maybe she knew she was being videoed!

Hope you enjoy the video!





Rosie x

23 comments:

Sara said...

Oh Eva you are doing great with your tricks! You and Chewy have a similar method of stacking.

Your target trick is so cute. Love how you lay down your head and look "sad". With that face, you will surely earn some treats!

Chris and Ricky said...

Adorable! Eva has the same method of stacking bowls as Ricky - hurling the bowl and hoping it will land in the bigger bowl! LOL!

Unknown said...

Eva you are so clever. Have a terrific Tuesday.
Best wishes Molly

Remington said...

WOWZERS! That was GREAT! You are SO smart, my friend!

Cowspotdog said...

You are off to a great start. It is the one thing I have never been able to get Reilly to do - he simply will not put ANYTHING in his mouth other then food and treats!

Lian said...

LOL Eva you are sooooooo cute! Love you lots!

Peggy Frezon said...

Oh Eva you look so cute doing your tricks. That stacking one sure looks difficult but adorable! Your girl is a wonderful trainer!

Mary Lou said...

Priscilla....
I thought that Eva did quite well!! ;)
I loved it when she could not find the container while it was behind her!! She was trying, at least!! Hee, hee, hee.... ;op
Love, Raelyn.... And Rose, my BEAUTIFULLY UNIQUE "Mystery Dog"!!

IRIS E DONA said...

You are so clever, Eva !! Great job !

Kisses
Iris

Vonnie said...

Love how she throws it into the bowl LOL! Clever girl :)

George The Lad said...

Very good Eva,I don't want to show Mom your video she might have me doing tricks!
Have a Good Week
See Yea George xxx

Arran, Arthur and Mum said...

We've never tried this trick but i think that would be my method too! eva looks like she has a lot of fun with Rosie! The target be adorable too!
~Lickies, Ludo

Lorenza said...

Eva!
You are soooo good!
Maybe some more practice with the first trick but grrrreat!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

houndstooth said...

Eva, you are one clever girl! You trained Rosie to click that little button again and again! Good work!

Bunny

Molly the Airedale said...

You had us laughing as you slammed one bowl inside the other one, Eva! You are so smart!

Love ya lots,
Mitch and Molly

corbinwooten said...

That is really good! I'm impressed.

Lexi won't put anything in her mouth with food around, other than the food. I tried clicker training her to pick up a ball, no luck!

Dawn said...

Look how excited she is! That is so cute! She's such a smart girl!!

Bassetmomma said...

Oh Eva! You really aren't just another beautiful face! What a smart girl. :)

animal lover, quilt lover said...

Eva I loved your video. You are a smart dog!!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

Well Eva just made me feel soooo much better! I think we all tried the bowl stacking after seeing Sara's blog and you made me feel better because Dakota behaved the same way as Eva lol. Actually Eva was better!
Dakota did pick the bowl up and dropped it but he would never drop it inside of the other bowl. I am going to try again. He also would prance around with the bowl :)

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your video!
I came over to visit you after Dakota mentioned you to me.

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Eva, you did really great in the trick video! I know you said you didn't spend much time practicing the stacking trick -- butt it looked perfect to us! Congratulations. Loved the coaster trick too.

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

Very impressive! I need Rosie to come teach Mabel a few things!

 
Template by Deluxe Designs. Edited by Phang Photos