Thursday, June 10, 2010

Laura and Eva


To me, it's just amazing how Laura and Eva get along with each other or I should say, Laura is so patient with puppy Eva. Imagine a lofty 10 years old rottie and a hyperactive 6 months old puppy! No doubt, Laura can be pretty grumpy sometimes but I think she's the most patient and gentle rottie that I've ever known so far.

Eva adores Laura so much!
Laura loves toys since puppyhood. The only problem of playing with her is I can never get back the toy from her once she has it. She will keep it beside her, watch it and will never let us have it back. Our games always stopped that way because we just couldn't continue it. It was my fault too as I didn't know how to play with her ( I just learned how to play with doggy when I took Eva to the OB class, sigh : ( )

My trainer told me that I should play with Eva as it's a very good and effective way of building up a good bond with her so I started to learn the tricks of playing from him. My my, it's no child's play at all : )
So, we started to play in the garden and we enjoyed it very much. I'm panting and gasping for air most of the time after those runs but Eva girl never shows any sign of tiredness at all!

Eva loves playing!!!
However, we also realised our Laura girl is interested in our games too. In the beginning, she would just join in and grab the toy away from Eva. We then had to call off the game because Laura kept the toy so tight with her and we couldn't get it away from her at all.  Oh I don't think I need to tell you how stubborn Laura can be!

Laura says,'It's mine!'

After a few counselling sessions,  Laura now understands she cannot snatch the toy from Eva and she cannot be rough too because she's far too big for that little tiny puppy. Guess what? She sits aside and watches us play in the garden these days.  What a good girl she is !

watch patiently


You deserve lots of treats, Laura!

We're blessed to have  you, Laura!

16 comments:

Remington said...

Best friends! That is so cool!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

that was so sweet it brought tears to my eyes. Eva looks up to Laura and Laura is so protective of Eva. What wonderful dogs you have!
Eva is growing more and more by the day.
Too precious!

Bandit's Pack said...

Laura's certainly special, isn't she. Eva is lucky to have Laura in her life and she knows it. Sweet photos!

Chris and Ricky said...

Eva is so lucky to have Laura in her life! And Laura is a good girl for putting up with all of Eva's puppy antics! What special dogs you have!

Sara said...

So sweet. Reminds me of misty & Oreo's relationship.

koko said...

Laura is such a sweet gal joining little Eva to play... even though she has always been a solitary dog. There's a special bond indeed between the two... almost like Laura is taking on a motherly role.

Licks, hero

katie, Maizey and Magnus said...

priscilla, so many of Eva and lauras pictures remind me of my girls. It can be hard when you have one so big and one so little to balance the playing. You sure do have to be careful!:)

Have you tried giving laura her own toy? Something very high value that she always and only gets when you have a play session w/ Eva? Then have a laura play session while Eva waits. I've found this has taught Maizey a great deal of patience.:) Although maizey has to stay behind the baby gate or in her crate, she won't just wait nice like our big girl!

Great pics! thanks for sharing!

Mini Aussie Ace! said...

What great pics! Your so lucky to have such great doggies!!! They all look so happy! :)

Emma Rose said...

I forget how small Eva is until I see her next to Laura. It is wonderful that they are good friends.

Kisses,
Emma Rose

Cloud the Wonder Dog said...

That is just so sweet! :-)

Luv,
Cloud

Sagira said...

Best buddies! That is how it is in our house. We have 3 seniors and then Sagira. But I love that in a way because Sagira is learning so much from my other 3 that I will always have a part of them as long as Sagira is here to pass it along.

the booker man said...

miss laura is just the bestest big sis!
*woof*
the booker man

Ryker said...

Laura seems almost like a step-mother to little Eva with beautiful Hanna gone. They look very sweet together. *sniffle*

Amy / Layla the Malamute said...

They are soooo cute together! It's so great that Laura learned to wait patiently and play fairly.

I know what you mean about not learning how to play with dogs until Eva's obedience classes. When I started taking Layla to class, I found out that what I'd been doing all along (with her and all the family dogs I had growing up) wasn't really playing. Oh well! Now we know!

Ms. ~K said...

Sweet post!
One of our best doggie friends is a Rottie named Bella...she is the most laid back dogs in the world!
Hugs and belly rubs,
Kit and pups

Sierra Rose said...

Really sweet photos!!!

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose

 
Template by Deluxe Designs. Edited by Phang Photos